Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Hate This

I have writer's block. My brain actually hurts with the dumb. No amount of music or fantasy is stirring up anything worth writing. I squeezed out one paragraph for "The Dead Run." I can't even get started on the comedy set in the 80's. The comic book script is all over the place. This blog about writer's block is the best thing I've written tonight. I don't want to play any games; I remember what Brian K. Vaughn answered when I asked him how he gets over the block, and he said, "Writer's block is just another name for 'video games'." I like the idea of writing through it, but I don't want to sacrifice quality. Wow, even this old chestnut from the Scorpions, "When The Smoke Is Going Down," from a formative time in my life, can't snap me out of it. I might as well chalk tonight up as "blocked" and try again tomorrow.

I still hate this.

No comments: